Author Topic: How P4C was started(Warning: long post, not well written, and poor formatting)  (Read 157 times)

November 14, 2017, 06:17:09 PM

Ryan

• Administrator

• View Profile
My name is Ryan and I'm the founder of Play For Crypto. When I was new to programming and the crypto world(a little over 3 years ago) I joined the community of PandaCoin(PND). When I joined their community I realized how great they were. The people in the PND community inspired me to help in anyway I can so I decided to make a Snake faucet(along with several other things) for them.  I don't think anyone here will know/remember my original Snake faucet but it was a downloaded Windows only game made in C# without a game engine. At first it took some time to get people's trust to download it but after a month or 2 people began trusting me and downloaded it. That Snake game was a huge success to me and eventually I decided to remake it in the Unity Game engine. The remake of it was still a download only game but it worked on Windows, Linux, and Macs. After I eventually kind of joined the PND dev team I teamed up with one of the other PND devs named Obusco who helped me make the original Play For Crypto design(Same design used up until 2 days ago).  The original Play For Crypto was launched almost 3 years ago but was only up for a short amount of time before shutting down because one of the lead devs of PND named Bdanyo planned on killing PND by hyping it up then dumping a huge amount of PND. PND pretty much died and everyone left the community so I did the same. I shut down Play For Crypto but I kept the domain name and kept paying for hosting so I could have a website to use to learn more about coding and web development instead of just testing everything locally. After about 6 or 7 months(I think, don't quote me on this) I joined the HYPER community and re launched P4C for HYPER and GP. About 2 months(Again, I may be wrong about how long it was) after that I ended up adding 1337 and NLG(Gulden) and just kept working on it trying to improve it. And that's pretty much how Play For Crypto was started.

Reply #1November 15, 2017, 03:25:35 AM

paulosar

• View Profile
Nice history!! Is there an intention or possibility to include other currencies? If I can help in this matter somehow, "we" are there!!!

Reply #2November 15, 2017, 07:18:44 AM

Ryan

• Administrator

• View Profile
Nice history!! Is there an intention or possibility to include other currencies? If I can help in this matter somehow, "we" are there!!!
Flurbo should be added soon. If there is any coin devs that would like their coin added and will send coins to cover the payouts I will add it. But other than that there are no plans on adding anymore coins.

Reply #3December 07, 2017, 11:26:00 AM

urok

• View Profile
hello

Reply #4December 13, 2017, 11:08:31 AM

ppauerdragz

• View Profile
Great job, man! i believe Playforcrypto is a true competitor of any of the current faucet games today, pay-wise but also usability-wise.

On a different note, would you be able to share some notes related to where people can pick up these kind of programming skills? personally i would be interested in such.

thanks!

Reply #5December 14, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

Ryan

• Administrator

• View Profile
Great job, man! i believe Playforcrypto is a true competitor of any of the current faucet games today, pay-wise but also usability-wise.

On a different note, would you be able to share some notes related to where people can pick up these kind of programming skills? personally i would be interested in such.

thanks!
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

I learned C# from https://thenewboston.com/. Unity3D game engine and c# is what is mostly used to make the snake game.  When I didn't know how to do something I looked it up on https://stackoverflow.com/

Reply #6December 14, 2017, 06:23:17 PM

ppauerdragz

• View Profile
thanks for the tips! good luck!